Pages

Can Compatible Cartridges Damage My Printer?

The Same, but Different
There is concern over whether compatible cartridges can damage your printer. In fact there is very little that can go wrong with compatibles that can't with an OEM (original equipment manufacturer) cartridge. Most compatible cartridges are manufactured according to the OEM specifications. This means that you can use them exactly the same way as OEM products. Because they are technically the same, the same precautions need to be taken when installing, storing or replacing the cartridge.

The Dangers of Printing
Some common faults are caused by incorrect use of the printer such as powering down your printer at the wall socket, leaving you printer off for weeks at a time, storing your used printer without cartridges inserted or incorrect installation of cartridges. All modern printers have a cleaning cycle option and this should be done after any lengthy storage or time without use. Possibly the most common problem is due to blocked ink heads, caused by ink drying inside the mechanism. Regardless as to whether you are using compatible or OEM products the same problems are possible and the method for fixing these issues should be carried out as per the manufactures instructions.


Ink Absorber Pads
Another issue (and again this goes for either compatible or OEM) is the waste ink absorber pads becoming full. These pads are built into your printer. Excess ink is directed into these pads to avoid it ending up messing up your print job. When the pad gets full the printer or your computer will display an error message and stop printing. Unfortunately the easiest option when this happens is to buy a new printer. This is not a manufacturing defect and is unlikely to be covered by your warranty. You could send your printer away to have the pads replaced, but the cost to do so would heavily outweigh the cost of a new printer. Alternatively you can try searching online for how to clean them yourself, however this is not recommended.

Better Safe Than Sorry
There are many suppliers of compatible ink cartridges and not all are the same. Before you buy you can check that your ink cartridges are manufactured to ISO-9001 standard. This is an internationally recognized organization of quality control and is used by both OEM and compatible cartridge manufactures. Also when buying online, most distributors will have a comments/feedback section of some description where you can view the results other people have been getting.

Jeff sells compatible ink cartridges at http://www.affordableink.co.nz/ Try them for yourself today.


28 comments:

  1. Some compatible cartridges are simply refilled the casing is cracked open and refilled with new toner. Compatibles produced in this way are generally poor quality, unreliable and often lower capacity compared with branded cartridges.


    Printer Cartridges

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some inspirational stuff. Never knew that opinions could be this varied. Thanks for all the enthusiasm to offer such helpful information here.Printer cartridges at discount prices delivered fast New Zealand wide from Printzone!For more information visit us at Printer Cartridges

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know that using cartuchos compatibles won't damage your printer for sure. Everyone is looking for ways to cut costs and save a buck these days.

    cartuchos baratos

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post truly made my day. You can’t imagine just how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks. what is definition essay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always so interesting to visit your site.What a great info, thank you for sharing. this will help me so much in my learning. business logo

    ReplyDelete
  6. be very cautious in buying ink especially the cheap ones. true enough you can save up with remanufactured ink cartridges but the quality is very different from OEM ink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Epson printers have built in software that counts the print that you do & after a specific number of prints it stop working displaying an error message. This message will continue unless you reset the protection counter. You can unlock this problem by downloading resetting software.
    epson ink reset

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, you have pointed out some excellent points, I as well believe this is a very superb website.
    Reliable Office Supplies

    ReplyDelete
  9. My printer was cannon last few days ago, my cartridges are detected some problem I change my cartridges, but problem not solved so what can I do please help me? I buy my cartridges this website, I contact them Help center, but they are no informing me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is really useful for many people I think. Because many times I have found the useful information which was really important for me. Reading this in your post was good.

    Epson print head

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed so much to read your blog. Generally writing skills is attained via practice but you are awesome writer. I am going to share it with my other friends on social networking sites. Keep continue your outstanding job.

    Visit: Online GED Course

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very much for publishing this kind of Compatible Cartridges Damage My Printer blog post . I like your blog post very much.
    I as well believe this is a very superb website.
    Stationary supplies

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am hoping the same best effort from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing skills has inspired me.
    Technology news

    ReplyDelete
  14. your blog helpful for me. your blog is very nice for me please keep it up.I like it
    Visit :- Toner cartridges

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am hoping the same best effort from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing skills has inspired me. Leaky gut

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good information post on Compatible Cartridges Damage. i like your writing skill in this post.

    ink refills

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job you people are doing with this website. cheap clubflyer

    ReplyDelete
  18. i think it depends on where do you get the ink.. Compatible cartridges are considered as cheap printer ink which for me is great because i do print b&w documents most of the time..

    ReplyDelete
  19. i think it depends on where do you get the ink.. Compatible cartridges are considered as cheap printer ink which for me is great because i do print b&w documents most of the time..

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was not aware of these information and I was using compatible cartridges. Next time I will make sure to use these information while using ink cartridges.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am sure you have a great fan following out there. Printing VIP

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. awesome, people having misconception about the compatible ink cartridges, but its Great way to cut printing costing. Atlantic inkjet store

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great, This specific net webpage is seriously thrilling and enjoyment to learn. I’m an enormous fan from the subjects mentioned.
    druk 3d

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is also a very good post which I really enjoyed reading. Custome Application Development

    ReplyDelete